While I was waiting for my latest purchase from Empress to appear in the post I decided to revisit a model I painted at the beginning of the year. In the last year I feel that I have improved my painting skills quite a bit and more importantly my painting confidence has improved.
In the before picture you can see that I had effectively just neatly blocked in the "base" colours, at the time the model was presentable and I was happy with the results. However in the last year having learned from observing other peoples painting approaches on various websites I have started using inks for shadows and have gotten much better at highlights. So I decided to return to this miniature and "remaster" it.
I've shaded around the folds using inks and I have added various highlights and think the "After" picture looks much better. A great improvement for only an extra 30 minutes (or less I didn't pay much attention) work.