Friday 3 May 2013

Housing Build - Gardens and cobbles



Over the last couple of nights I've been busy with the Pritt Stick and scissors getting walls, cornerstones and cobblestones down!

I have also added a bit of grass in each garden, and some more as weeds etc around the edges of walls and the like. I'm still deciding whether I will add some more static grass, and maybe some little hedges or something in the gardens for a bit of variety, thing is I want to leave them clear enough for gaming so its a balance.


As you can see I have three "blocks" of houses and a single part finished warehouse (bottom left) I built the warehouse instead of another block of houses as I was running low on foamboard and would not have had enough for a block of houses. The warehouse is going to have a part pitched roof and I am considering either hedgerow's instead of brick walls, or part brick part cladding fences to enclose a car park/loading area.  Either way it will have the same alleyway to the rear so it can be positioned with the houses.

I played around a bit today with  the boards and I have to say I was sadly excited by how I can position them differently and still have a great look. When they are done I'll do some pics showing the various compositions that are possible. 

Lastly an arty alley way shot


I'm rather pleased with how these are looking, the cobble texture fits my needs nicely and and I think looks really nice. Some roof's are a bit saggy in places but by and large I am happy. Still lots to do, and the warehouse to finish before Partizan! 

16 comments:

  1. Very nice job mate. the garden's look good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice suburban terrain :)

    Maybe some grass or flower tufts in the gardens would provide a little bit of individuality for the houses?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm thinking I will add something like you say to break up the gardens a bit, I don't want them to look all identical.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful and very realistic buildings!!
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great work, they look fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look great, will look out for them at the show

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ian, come over and say hello if you are passing.

      Delete
  6. Lovely modeling work, Sir.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks guys, I'm pretty pleased with myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your efforts are certainly paying off. These look terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really nice work mate, I'd love to play a game of VBCW over these!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, I've been playing around with ideas to make these for ages, so I'm really pleased with how they are turning out!

    ReplyDelete